For me anyway. Six posts in one month! Let's hope it keeps up.
Tonight's little jaunt is the beginnings of a project that myself and a couple of chaps are going to be doing this year... 40mm Napoleonics ! God knows how we started on the subject, but it got funnier and more enticing as we talked about it and by the end of the next day I had ordered ten of the Perry Spanish.
Now being the terrain maker of the group (and also a slight sucker for punishment) I will be doing what we need, which for once isn't a lot. We intend to play on a four by four max and only have three or four buildings plus the various little features that help to bring the game alive.
With it being a new project I got all excited and started (and very nearly finished) the first building. They will all be based on multiples of 150mm and I'm hoping to get a slight hillside with holes for the buildings to go in. The idea being that they can be swapped around for more playability but blend more into the surrounding terrain.
The building itself was a simple foamcore construction with the windows and doors cut out. The foam was indented a bit to give some three dimensionality to it and then coated in a mix of masonry paint and fine sand. The window frames and shutters were lasered spares that I had lying around and the shed was just balsa wood. The tiles were Wills pantile sheeting with some half round for the ridge line.
Painting was quite simple, base coat, wash and a heavy drybrush. Ground work was done in the normal way but with the addition of some of those grassy tufts things.
I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out and hope to get some more done in the coming weeks (along with the figures of course).