04/07/2015

Lower class samurai house complete

Aha! This took a while but it's done and I must say, I'm fairly pleased with the results.

The start of the building this is linked here

The roof was a difficult choice. First it was going to be thatch but finding a suitable way of doing the thatch was still causing me problems so then I thought about doing a tile and wood roof but that didn't really fit with the 'style' of building so it was back to the thatch. I finally found a suitable material in Japan and got to work.

The roof construction was a 1.5mm card construction then a 5mm blue foam build with rounded edges with the material on top. This was then given a liberal coat of 'browned' wood glue and left to dry. Several ink washes and light drybrushes later it didn't turn out too bad.





There was also a little led 'tea light' stuck in the roof to allow the appearance of occupation which should hopefully be apparent in the bottom two pictures.

Having got a feel for the construction I think I'll be making a bigger and more complex compound in the near future.













ttfn

12 comments:

  1. Stunning, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful

    Warburton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for the comments chaps :-)

    cheers

    James

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous! So many beautiful and realistic details...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect work, James. A really wonderful looking piece of art.
    Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again chaps,really appreciate it :-)

    cheers

    James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Jim
    Providing all the inspiration I need for my village in preparation for my first game of Ronin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheer Kev, glad to help :-)

    cheers

    James

    ReplyDelete
  10. Immobilien Sögel Very educating story, saved your site for hopes to read more!

    ReplyDelete