30/08/2017

A Scottish castle - part two

Well, I must admit, I really enjoyed the painting on this one. Took a bit longer than I first thought but I wanted to get the tones right. At around the start of the 1400's the UK (as it is now) was entering a little ice age so I wanted to get a more 'autumnal' feel to the groundwork and I think I've pulled it off.

Onto the pictures, not many more words to say apart from the fact I'll be starting on a smaller base with a stables on it next for this commission.






















20 comments:

  1. Mighty fine build and paint James. Looking forward to seeing the adjoining piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, made a start on it but need to order more material.

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  2. Sir, words are useless here. Big applause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Have you been experimenting with your shrink ray again? British Heritage will be mighty miffed when they find out! ;P
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic building project ........😀 Very impressive work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very impressive work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic painting, a really lovely piece of work, terrific weathering.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking the DB's Jim, very smart looking bit of terrain. The different shades on the slate roof makes a huge difference. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete