01/09/2017

Aeronef mooring post

This was a relatively quick build for a game idea that one of my gaming friends had. We play a lot of VSF (mainly on Mars) and he thought it would be a good idea to have an airfield with some of my Japanese neffs moored up for him to attack... Sounded like a plan and I thought having a small mooring post would be a good idea.

It's a simple build using various images from the internet for inspiration. The main elements are shown below and these consist mainly of laser cut acrylic but with some brass rod and a 3d printed roof (because I didn't really have the time to make a proper one).


All the bits went together fairly well with just some minor tweaking for a good fit. Here are some almost complete shots of it.





And now for the completed pictures. Plain background for now but it took part in a game and I'll show those at a later date. The roof was sprayed a copper colour and a patina wash was added, the rest was my standard Mars paint job; greys and whites inked down, drybrushed up again and then given a subtle treatment of rust. In hindsight I should've put some sort of handrail for the stairs and mounted the whole thing on a solid base (concrete).








I need to build some stairs and platforms for neff access but didn't have time for this particular game. Maybe next time :-)



ttfn

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful. Stylish and delicate, yet solid. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)

      It was a bit rickety before it got stuck to the base though lol

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  2. That looks awesome, mate. I'm so jealous of people who have access to ( and the ability to use) things like laser cutters and so on 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate 😊

      I will be offering a laser cutting service in a month or two when the website is open again.

      cheers

      James

      Delete