Monday, 5 February 2018

Down in the jungle...

This has been quite a big commission and I have ever so slightly regretted doing it. Not because of the work but because there were so many of them and they have been pretty much the same. 30 bases in total lol

The mdf bases, Amourcast plants, GW plants and some flock were supplied but the bases needed a chamfer on the edges.

Most of the plants were sprayed varying colours and given a wash of inks, again of varying colours and then drybrushed up. Certain details were hand painted using a normal layering technique and other bits were touched up here and there.

The ground was car body filler, smoothed on in place then roughed up for a texture. All of the Amourcast items were stuck on first given the nature of the bases that they have. The ground was painted in a normal way and then given a liberal amount of growies, some supplied and some of my own.

Not much else to say really so onto the piccys. The first couple are of some select ones and the latter pictures are of the whole lot together (please excuse the carpet). There's also a video of them close up (if it works).

















ttfn

Saturday, 3 February 2018

And now for something completely Victorian

Just a quickie tonight of a simple Victorian style factory building for my Martian VSF project. The main body was drawn from scratch but the chimney and fortified tower I've had for a while (the chimney is in the catalogue and the tower will be soon).

Originally I was going to have a viaduct section popping out the top but, as you will see in a series of VSF posts coming soon, doing the stone work would have taken too long.

It's all 2mm lasered acrylic, sprayed red and cream and then given a brown ink wash, drybrushed with a couple of differing shades. Windows are 1mm acrylic and sprayed white with a thinned down ink wash. The pavement was 2mm and again sprayed tan and speckled with a few choice colours and then inked and drybrushed.

I've got some signs to do but I'm waiting until the sheet I'm printing out is full otherwise it's a bit of a waste.

Picture time!





ttfn

Thursday, 1 February 2018

And yet another Chinese building base

The last one for now. I've got some more buildings being mastered at the moment and when these are done I'll do some more building bases but for the time being, this is it.

Not much to say apart from the fact that everything apart from the compound walls and front building roof has been scratch built.

We have been using the Fist Full of Lead rules recently and are enjoying them greatly and it's not too much of a push to convert them for Boxer Rebellion (Pipe Full of Opium maybe...) so with any luck in a week or two ll the building bases along with some other bits and pieces will see some action :-)

Enough wordage, on to the pictures!








ttfn