Tuesday, 22 August 2017

A little vignette

A few years ago I took part in a friendly little competition which was a figure swap one. Everybody who took part put a single figure into a box and took one out from random (obviously putting back their own). I was fortunate enough to get the chap below and decided to make a scenic base for him to stand on.

It's a mix of bits box bits and styrene all put together in a suitable way. Given a muted colour palette and weathered appropriately it only took a couple of hours from start to finish.









ttfn

Friday, 18 August 2017

A VSF walker

This was quite a simple little build for a mate who has some similar vehicles, but smaller. The only brief really was to make this one bigger.

The original ones were laser cut in the main with a few small details from styrene to give them a bit of character. The same was the same for this one. Weapons were from The Honourable Lead Boiler Suit Company whom I can heartily recommend and they have a very useful selection of Victorian period weapons.

The bottom was sprayed with Humbrol aluminium and the top with French Blue (even though it's a British contraption lol ). The whole lot was washed with the brown GW ink (can't remember the name) and then the respective areas were drybrushed up. Rust ink was applied and a few smudges of weathering powders and it was good to go.








ttfn

Wednesday, 16 August 2017

A journey to the Empire

The Games Workshop fantasy setting that is.

I've always like the original figures for the GW range, along with the setting and to some extent the first plastics (and metal additions for it) and so I though it was time to get out some very old builds and begin to finish them off.

The first one was started in 2004 and got to a certain point in 2005 and then just sat there, collecting dust... Quite a lot of it lol.

I'll be doing them one at a time in amongst other commissions and projects but as I am really pleased with how this one turned out I'm hoping to get them all finished to a similar state.

The only problem is the 6mm mdf base but it was too much work to remove it so the remaining ones will have to have the same thick bases to match. I'm thinking for gaming bards to have a selection of 300mm squares with various features that can be cast to save me going mad sticking the floor slabs on.

The main construction is card and balsa with some resin bits here and that and the roof tiles are card and stuck on one at a time... I won't be doing that again in a hurry lol

The things left to do for finishing were one half of the roof, the tower roof, about a third of the balsa wood and painting. When I get a few more done I'll take some pictures with some of the old metal Empire figures as I am painting them at the same time, along with some Skaven enemies.




















ttfn

Wednesday, 28 June 2017

10mm German stables/barn

Got another 10mm commission for you and this time it's a wagon stables.

Basically the same construction methods as the last ones I've done in 10mm and the same sort of brief, which was fairly open but requirements for certain sized bases to fit on the model and for there to be a couple of trees (which always look good on models). No wip photos I'm afraid this time as it was a fairly quick build but like the rest it's on a 120mm base of 3mm MDF.











ttfn

Friday, 23 June 2017

Another Chinese building base

I should've posted this when it was finished but typically I forgot :-/

It's a smaller one than the last but the same principles apply. I've also got another three different types of Chinese rural buildings on the go for the catalogue and when they are moulded I'll no doubt make some more building bases.






And here are a couple of quick shots with both bases together and some Japanese infantry.





ttfn