20/11/2017

Yet another Chinese building base!

This is my third building base for China and probably my favorite (so far).

The look is of a rich merchants 'summer house'. The moon door is soon to be in the catalogue but I thought it would be nice to utilise it in a build. The garden is supposed to be more upper class than the others but some of the details might be a bit anachronistic as there's not a lot of info available (that I could find in the limited time I spent researching) .

The house uses the roof of CR02 and foam core walls with some lasered window shutters, microstrip detailing and a wooden door. The lanterns are just wooden beads painted accordingly. The small side building is soon to be in the catalogue as well.

The white grass in the garden is supposed to represent 'silver grass', a native grass type in east Asia. I don't think I've got it quite right and at some point I'll give it another go. I'd like, at some point, to make a large walled garden (maybe part of the summer palace that was in Peking) but we'l see.

On to the pictures :-)















ttfn

18 comments:

  1. Very attractive Jim...
    My wargames butterfly wants me to flutter over to my stalled Russo-Japanese project...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly 😊

      Currently working on some new buildings and walls for the Chinese range 😉

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy seeing your exquisite buildings James.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking as always. As for the moon door, did they have round doors as well, or were they just for looks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😊

      The moon gate was just for looks. I’ve never seen an actual round door before (hence the anachronistic look).

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  4. Wow you are on a rolling out with some amazing buildings. The moon gate is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊

      I’m just lucky that I really enjoy doing it which certainly helps with the final outcome.

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  5. Another gorgeous creation. I'm always impressed by the detail of your builds. They are so packed with character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael 😊

      It’s sometimes difficult not to get dragged into doing more detail. They’d never get finished if I did lol

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  6. Lovely model, wonderful detail and finish.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Moon gate is great, just what I'm after (along with some matching walls). How soon is 'soon'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul 😊

      Should be before Christmas 👍🏻

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  8. Absolutly gorgeous, congrats!

    ReplyDelete