18/01/2018

Akira 2

Express way.

One of the larger features of the Japanese urban landscape is the raised expressways that wind their way through the cities. Of course this is a good opportunity to get some serious level changes on the board.

The board is made up from 300mm x 300mm lasered squares and the expressway preferably had to fit this. Each 'section' is supported underneath with a concrete stanchion (made from chemiwood) and has two roadways on top, each side has one way traffic.

The intention is to have lights both underneath (in a limited capacity) and on the expressway itself. I do have some photos of the top lit up but I can't find them at the moment. The road surface is medium grit sandpaper and everything else is either lasered or made from chemiwood.










ttfn

14 comments:

  1. Very impressive BIG terrain 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-)

      Got to get a game with it yet though lol

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful (and massive!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😊

      Still aways to go though lol

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  3. Very cool! This makes me want to finally paint up my modern Chinese and have a what if fight in a modern Asian city. Just say trans plate the city to Taiwan or something like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😊

      I’m actually thinking of using Fist Full of Lead for small skirmish games (wouldn’t take that much altering really) although mecha and vehicles will take some thought.

      cheers

      James

      Delete
    2. The work will be worth it, I am sure.

      Delete
    3. I certainly hope so lol

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks quite special, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. I always wanted to create a raised highway with a entrance/exit ramp in an urban-scape for Necromunda (there is an old John Blanche artwork featuring such a thing) - but it has steadfastly remained in the "one day" list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers fella 😊

      I unfortunately can’t justify an off/on ramp as being the anal retard I am it would be far too long for the table 😂

      I hope you get round to doing it one day 👍🏻

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  6. How much roadway have you made? it would be interesting to see a turning piece, if only to match up with the curved front of the right hand building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there’s only the one section that’s complete, I’ve got another two on the go and ha e drawn up a curve but it’s a gentle one. I might have another look at it first before cutting it out.

      cheers

      James

      Delete