10/01/2013

I can't sleep...

So I thought I'd make a small post using the pad again.

Only a couple of pictures this time of a member of the Kyoto Shinsengumi. They were basically a kind of police force in Edo period Japan (around 1860-65). You might have seen them in. Japanese historical drama but there were several other forces of this type, especially in the bigger town and cities.

I can't remember if I mentioned it before but I'm going to have an Edo period range of figures sculpted and the Shinsengumi will be part of this.

The figure itself is a Perry unarmoured samurai and there are a couple of other figures in the range that will suit and so I've made a start on them.

The second photo was played around with in a picture editing app whose name escapes me but it's a standard one and the options are nothing special (it was free though :-) but I thought it turned out rather well.

ttfn





6 comments:

  1. looks excellent, also what size miniatures are you getting sculpted ....pls say 15/18mm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to the Edo period figures and, unlike my chum the Extrardinarii, I am hoping they are in 28mm ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA.....most likely you will get your way :(

      Delete
  3. Jim, he really looks the part. He really looks as if he's come out of a print from the Edo period. Time very well spent when you could have been sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments chaps :-)

    I'm afraid to say that they will be in 28mm for the time being but I will look into a 15mm Boxer range later in the year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat, Any up dates on getting the Edo pulp line going? Pulp because you brought up the Kyoto Shinsengumi, so I am guessing you will be doing some of the more random folks in that period.

    ReplyDelete