01/08/2018

Endor bunker

I asked a stupid question of my gaming mates the other week. "Where would we like to play next week, Tatooine or Endor?" Not fully realising that I didn't really have any terrain for Endor apart from the generic temperate boards I've got.

So, without further ado (but with some quiet cursing) I set about making a bunker entrance similar to the one seen in RotJ.

It had to be quickly done so the proportions and smaller details aren't quite correct but I can live with it. Mainly lasered with styrene for some of the edging details and roof. A few bits from the bits box for the control panels and some larger bits for the rooftop and we were good to go. Because of the heat I was only able to use my Tamiya sprays (as it didn't really effect them that much) so the colour is slightly off as well; again, a livable problem.






With the entrance out the way a scenic base had to be done as well so it would fit on the table. Plaster rocks on either side, some blue foam to pack in the rest and a liberal coating of gloop completed the construction.

Plenty of growies and small plants helped to 'disguise' entrance with the surrounding landscape and it was done!







I really should get back to doing my Scarif terrain although someone did mention doing a Corellia board.......

Game report up in a few days :-)

ttfn

6 comments:

  1. Ihat is amazing. I felt like watching the movie again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I had it running in the background for inspiration lol

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  2. Very iconic, even if not 100% accurate. Did you knock out a bunch of forest too?

    And a Corellia board... wow, that would be something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got some trees and I have a tutorial that I'll post next week. Also got a game report I'll stick up at the weekend :-)

      Yeah, not sure how to go about a Corellia board, need to give it some thought...

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  3. Love it! What a great build, looks fabulous to me.

    ReplyDelete