12/06/2011

Finally some samurai

But only a couple of shots...

There should be some more later today whether I get them based or not. It's a command base for Hail Caesar even though I haven't got the rules yet, it's on order though :-)

The clan is Miyoshi carrying on from some of the first Perry samurai figures that I painted many years ago. The unfortunate thing being is that the Miyoshi clan got wiped out in the latter half of the 16th century... bit of a bugger when I'm interested in the late Sengoku period.

But never mind, I still like the clan mon and already having a good many units already painted I decided to carry on with them as a sort of 'what if' situation (albeit a tenuous one).

The shot to the left shows the rear of the group and the commanders Haori which I kept simple but I think it works well.


There is a constant colour theme in the group and even the retainers have the clan mon on their armour and jingasa which I don't normally do.


I have started to base up any new figures I do on 40x40's in preparation for Hail Caesar, the basing I have already will work fine but I like a change (if a small one).


As with pretty much all of my figures I don't paint the eyes anymore, I actually thinks it detracts from the feel of troops on the table. I understand and appreciate when people do it but it needs to be done well to work properly and I can't do that anymore :-/


The last shot is of my entire collection as it stood a couple of months ago, these are being used in a photoshoot at the moment so I have nothing to play with but I have enough bare lead to do the same amount again :-D (not that I get to play that often)


Admittedly the photo is a bit dark but you get an idea of the force composition. There are Sanada and Miyoshi clans there and also a small force of either Ikko Ikki or Wako depending on the senario.


Any, that's enough from me, I have figures to paint and scenery to make :-)


ttfn 

5 comments:

  1. The diorama is really good, that's a scary army you've got there. Looking forward to close-ip pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really nice! What is the size of the round base?

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks chaps :-)

    The base is 2.5" which is a little over 63mm. The rest I'll be doing at 60mm as this base was left over from another project.

    ttfn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rajasthan Board (RBSE) New Syllabus 2021 Pdf – 10th 12th 11th 9th Class: The Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan has changed the syllabus of 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th class for the session 2021-2022 due to COVID-19. The aspirants who are preparing for their annual board examination they will require the Rajasthan Board 10th New Syllabus. RBSE 10th Book 2021-2022 It will help them to learn and study according to the updated topics of the exam. As we know the board examination plays an important part in the career of any student. The students of the 12th class can download the RBSE 12th New Syllabus 2021.

    ReplyDelete