But only a couple of shots...
The clan is Miyoshi carrying on from some of the first Perry samurai figures that I painted many years ago. The unfortunate thing being is that the Miyoshi clan got wiped out in the latter half of the 16th century... bit of a bugger when I'm interested in the late Sengoku period.
The shot to the left shows the rear of the group and the commanders
I will also have to make corners (both internal and external) and of course a gateway but I'm happy with the way this has come out.
The wall is 100mm high and the the length is 200mm. Depth on the top is a plentiful 50mm and the depth at the base is about 95mm. These dimensions could change but not enough to make much difference.
I'm probably going to have three different top wall choices as looking through the books I have there are so many variations on a theme that it's almost impossible to make a catch all (well, I think so anyway. Once you start to research deeply into anything, even the smallest difference in things becomes apparent).
I only wish that the real thing would be as easy to make as the mock up :-) In fact, it's almost tempting to make a whole castle this way and colour it in and use that... But being the purist that I am, it's not going to happen.
I've started on the gateway for the yamashiro but there's not enough really to show at the moment but when it's ready it'll be posted :-)
A wall section with a small building attached
A large barracks (similar to the one already available)
A tenshu or keep, smallish but useable
30 degree internal and external corners
A couple of small ancillary buildings
And if time and cost permit, a corner tower built into the wall.
Well, that's it for now, the walls will probably go into the mould this evening but I want to get on and finish the AWI house from the earlier posts :-)
I've also done a small village layout as per my clients instructions. I've done these before and I quite like the way that they have turned out.
I'm going to put another couple of layers of varnish on the paddy field but it's a last thing at night job because it stinks and I can put it in the attic to dry over night. The little shack was added because of an illustration from a wood block print that I found in a book and it seemed to be the right thing to do.
Most of the weekend will be spent on OSHIRO as I have a few things to catch up on and I'll probably post them here in due course.
Now for breakfast :-D
Although, I've just realised that the chimney is missing :-/ Well, it'll give me something to do tomorrow morning before breakfast.
Some of the roof tiles/shingles have been lifted up a bit to give a bit more texture to the roof itself, I might do a few more but we'll see after a coat of paint because it's something that can be done afterwards as well as during the construction.
There are more photos on my Photobucket page and when I figure out how to link to it I shall do in one of the side bars.
The roof of the Lienster house is removable but the roof on the new build is stuck. No particular rhyme or reason, they just turned out this way.
For the final shot I've set up a rough beauty shot (rough being a nice way to put it), when the new build is painted I'll take them out into the garden with a terrain board or two and take some decent photos :-)
It might take a couple of weeks to complete as I've got a huge load of stuff on the go, some of which will appear here but the intention is to upload with photos of what I'm doing at least twice a week... We'll see...