15/03/2017

SALUTE 2017. The board

For this year's Salute I'm going to be hosting another samurai table but this time I'll be making a full sized tenshu to go in one corner. I've been meaning to do this for a while now but I've finally got round to it although typically, time is running out...

The basic drawing is done so hopefully there won't be much more 'planning'involved

I'm cheating a little bit with the roof tiles. As time is short I've decided to draw them up and get them 3d printed and then cast the printed parts (which should be available at the show itself, time allowing) to make up all the different sections.



The tenshu (keep) itself isn't based on any one in particular but has familiar elements from several different ones and follows the basic principles (this image is taken from the internet).



I've started on the upper level and have made a good inroad to cutting out the materials for the lower levels. Keeping it simple will help to get it done on time lol. The tree on the screen as quickly hand painted with inks (I used to do this quite a lot at coll





More posts to follow as and when there is more to show, hopefully once a week.

ttfn

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hoping to have a big update after the weekend but we'll see how it goes 👍🏻

    cheers

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! That will be a impressive build ! Looking forward to see it IRL at salute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Micheal, it'll be good to see you again 😊

    cheers

    James

    ReplyDelete