Sunday, 16 June 2019

Some more European builds

For a repeat client who likes to paint them for himself. 28mm of course and French but not much else to say apart from that lol


Tuesday, 11 June 2019

The Werewolf of Berrylands

Thirteenth century England, ancient terrors still roam the land. A vicious pack of werewolves is terrorising the lonely village of Berrylands deep in the Surrey hills.
Only the brave Sir Ronald De Barker and his retinue are prepared to face these terrifying creatures . Armed with a silver edged sword and silver bolts for his crossbowmen they venture into the village to vanquish the evil!
So begins a scenario for the Fistful of Lead Gothic Horror supplement; Tales of Horror. We were  also playtesting rules for Medieval combat hence the unusual period setting.

As usual with all our  FFoL games it was tremendous fun. Brave Sir Ronald riding his charger crashed into the Werewolf pack as it crossed the river. He managed to drive the Alpha Wolf back and then with two swings of his holy sword he decapitated two Werewolves!

His luck subsequently changed when he was dragged from his horse and was horribly ripped apart in front of his men.

The Alpha Male made several howls causing fear in the soldiers and due to a special trait called regenerate wounds the Werewolves were difficult to put down.
Sir Ronald’s retinue fought bravely but due to appalling dice rolling. Eight ones rolled, the rest of his men were dispatched in rapid succession by the rabid Wolven. Only the Sergeant at arms killed another Werewolf before being brought down by the Alpha Male.

Sir Ronald’s allies who had pledged support to this holy crusade cowered in fear on the other side of the village. Their leader Sir Loin de Boef  only ventured towards the fighting when the wolf pack numbered were greatly depleted....

The Tales of Horror rules are available HERE for the UK and European markets and direct from Wiley games in the US


Monday, 10 June 2019

Even more OSHIRO releases

Trying to get regular releases done at the moment and it seems to be working.

At the moment the webshop has around 230 items in it but I've got plans, ideas, sketches, lists etc for around 500 more. I doubt that will happen of course but we can all dream :-)

So, first off is a new Chinese house/shop to compliment the existing range. CR07 Here

And then some firing steps/barricades and an artillery platform for all your colonial misadventures. These are even suitable for later conflicts such as WWI/WWII or modern games. Here

Next up is a sci-fi medium cargo skiff. Suitable for Star Wars or any other sci-fi setting. SFV03 Here

And finally for this run are a couple more additions for the Urban Future. UFA17/18 Here


Saturday, 8 June 2019

The Empire Struck Back

Following on from the Rebellions previous mis-adventures the rebel teams lead by Padawan Machinn are trying to meet the shuttle that's been sent to pick them up after they discovered that the Empire was up to something.

Unfortunately for our erstwhile heroes the Empire is in fast pursuit...

The scout walker marches up the centre whist a small unit of scout troopers and normal stormtroopers tries to take the right flank.

Fortunately the rebels seem to have some help from an indigenous local who takes out the imperial officer with nothing but a spear!

With the Imperial squad embarrassingly held up the walker takes the fight to the rebels but come under heavy fire from reinforcements from the shuttle.

With the walker out of action the teams make a run to the waiting shuttle but have to contend with waiting scout troopers...

Do the rebel teams make it off the moon of Endor safely? Tune in next time and find out :-)

Rules used were Galactic Heroes from Wiley Games. Out favourite rules set at the moment and they are available Here for the UK and European markets.


Thursday, 6 June 2019

15mm Onsen

Just a quickie today. A 15mm onsen based on the 28mm one I did a while ago. It's for a client but I think I'll do one for myself as it's quite a nice compact build.

I've also started doing simple videos of the builds I do and the one for this is linked below (YouTube).

YouTube 15mm Onsen


Sunday, 2 June 2019

Akira - recap and progress

I keep dipping in and out of this project (like most of them lol) and at the moment there's been a fair amount of titivating of some of the buildings I've done so far. I'm thinking that I'll finish all the existing ones to the same standard before starting anymore.

Trouble is, I've got another five to get all the little details on lol

It's actually quite therapeutic finishing these off, looking at reference photos for all the little details. I won't be doing them to a 100% standard as it would take too long, just enough so I'm happy with them and that there's enough details there to catch the eye.

Quite a few of the additional details are availble from my Urban Future range of scatter pieces available in the OSHIRO modelterrain webhop.

OSHIROmodelterrain Urban Future

I've also done some floating cars (very Ian McQue styley) tht will be used as street dressing.

So, onto the pictures. You'll have seen some of these before but they have had extras added. The green building is completely new though and I'm quite pleased with the ramen shop interior although there's still some things that need finishing off for it :-)

I will be doing some videos of the individual buildings on a turntable at some point in the near future; watch this space...