29/08/2020

Martian whimsy

I fancied making something a little more whimsical for Mars... Why not a bandstand and some gardens.

For the bandstand the roof was printed and most of the base and the railings were laser cut. Plastic stonework sheeting was used for the base sides and the steps were cut from xps foam (I think, the brand name is Foamex).

The columns were brass tube with four pieces each. I won't be doing that again as I went through 16 scalpel blades lol. The handrail on the railings was just some half round microstrip.

Painting was fairly simple as I kept most of the parts removable. 

 

The gardens were mainly lasercut (including the topiary hedges which then had growies stuck on them). The plants inside the glasshouses are just various bits and bobs I've had knocking around and the plant pots are available from here 

Painting was kept in the same vein as the rest of my Mars terrain and I'll need to do some high walls to surround it. I've also got a colonial style mansion that's in need of some love to go with it.







 

ttfn


'Tango' is not welcome here. Nor is Bill

13 comments:

  1. That's fantastic Victorian terrain; I really love the green houses in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)

      I did think about going for some more generic colours so it could be used in London but I think it'll be better to make a dedicated one for that.

      cheers

      James

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful pieces, I love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, really nice and atmospheric terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really nice and strange. I like it a lot, especially the color of the plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)

      No worries about the extra comments either, thanks for the email.

      cheer

      James

      Delete
  5. I really like this. so atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tripura Board 12th Class Latest and Last Year Exam Study Material for Syllabus, Question Paper etc, Hindi, English Medium Pdf Format, Tripura HS Question Paper 2021 Students Download Tripura Board 12th Model Paper 2021 at Official Website Only.

    ReplyDelete
  7. West Bengal 12th Solved Question Paper 2022 Question Pattern is very helpfull for the students to know the 10th Exam Past Year Question Paper analysis, Students can Download utilize the Previous Exam paper for the Reference for final Examination. Steady the repeated questions from WB 12th Model Question Paper 2022 Practice on those is the better way to get the good Grade, Students Download WB 12th Model Paper 2022 Solved Paper and Question Patterns of 12th Examination 2022 from the official website. Boardmodelpaper.com Provide Latest and Last Year Exam Study Material for Syllabus, Question Paper etc, Hindi, English Medium Pdf Format.

    ReplyDelete